Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Image Banding (error) ...

I started downloading images from the Alice Cooper concert, when I noticed what seemed to be another failed CF memory card.  Banding across a large quantity of my images. (70-80%)

The same thing had happened on 2 other occasions in the past.  In both situations I was able to have the memory cards replaced.  Lets face it, 64GB 1066x Lexar Pro cards, are several hundred dollars each. But the biggest issue, is that you're losing valuable images from tossing those cards.

That was until I looked further and found another common denominator.  The card READER!!  Yes, the camera bodies and cards were fine.  The trouble ended up being a seldomly-used card reader. 

That's what happens when you have a multitude of readers.  11 for the desktop, 1 for the laptop, 1 spare, etc...

Thought I'd share this information, just in case something like this ever happens to you.

To the retailer that took back my supposedly "faulty" cards.... Sorry. :(